Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Stay Tuned

I know I've taken a break from my blog recently. I have a lot to share soon. After mapping #4, everyday has been a new adventure in listening as opposed to just the torture of bells and whistles with an occasional recognizable sound before that mapping. I'm hearing more speech, more environmental sounds, and most importantly understanding my son so much better. I have a long way to go, but I like where I am now because I see the potential, and it is liberating. Of course at the end of the day, I take it all off and just relax. Sometimes silence is the best sound of all, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'll check in soon. Due to my son's second birthday last weekend and now an illness in my immediate family, I've been otherwise preoccupied. I appreciate the emails and support I've received from friends and family.

I'd also like to thank again those who donated to my friend Melissa's March for Babies fundraiser. She went over her goal by $50 ($350 total!) and walked 5 miles on the day of the walk. Her son just started walking himself. *sniff* What a long way he's come since he was born two months early. I'm so proud of him and his mom!

Take care and see you soon,

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,
    Great that your implant ‘sounds are more meaningful now. Our world is too rich not to ‘hear’ it. Count yourself fortunate to be able to sometimes enjoy the peace of silence. I take my processors off, but the factory and jet engine in my head never sleeps. I would sleep with my processors if they didn’t fall off and weren’t so hard!
    Fall is the time for illness here but so far we are enjoying the lovely colours and I love to hear the swish of leaves under my feet!
    Cheers
    Colin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just wondering about you yesterday and was glad to see your post today! Sounds like things w/ your CI is coming along well for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you making progress!

    Cheers !

    ...dan...

    ReplyDelete